by Laurie-Ann Copple
Hi everyone. We were set to leave on April 2nd initially to the UK for a family-rest stopover, and then to Canada on Good Friday. Unfortunately we have had two flights cancel on us for those dates. We are trying for an earlier date on March 31st. We cannot leave earlier due to multiple complications, such as: a broken car being repaired, a loaned car needing to be returned, arranging L-A's colouring book to be sold by others in our stead, preparing our house for the move, having our furniture picked up, sending items to others as gifts, selling other items, freight-forwarding the items that will be sent to Canada, Everything is on fast forward, but nothing in Africa moves at that pace. We are working on it. If you are a praying person, please do keep us in prayer.
Sadly we are also forced to cancel our long-awaited UK rest stopover that would have allowed us to see Tony's sisters, and allow L-A to rest. While the tumour in L-A's breast has disappeared (yes, DISAPPEARED according to four PET and CT scans!), she remains vulnerable to the virus, and Tony is in the age range that also shows vulnerability.
If we are not able to leave South Africa and travel to Canada, we will see if we can arrange to be isolated in a mountain cottage. We will probably not have wifi but we would be safe. L-A's colouring book is now in Olive Tree bookstore in Worcester's Mountain Mill Shopping Centre. We will deposit more colouring books at LeRoux and Fourie Vignerons wine shop on R60 west of Robertson. We are also working for the colouring book to be available on Take Alot (a South African e-commerce site, and Ingram (an international book site).
Apart from our own unsure situation, we are praying for others - those in the townships, who don't have good access to medical care and they are crammed in like lemmings. We pray for government leaders making tough decisions. We pray for first responders, medical people, and police. We pray for those in the aviation industry, transporting people back to their homes, that they may not contract corona virus or anything else in the meantime. We pray for calm and peace in the airports, and not panic. Let everything run well, despite the virus.
L-A still has further cancer treatments, whether in Canada or South Africa. If it is in Canada, mastectomy is likely, and hopefully herceptin injections can be continued under OHIP coverage. These injections are R9,100 each plus facility fees for nursing in South Africa, so we hope we can get to Canada. But no matter what, we know that Jesus is with us. He has not abandoned us in this time. His presence and love can still be shown through small groups of the church. We don't need buildings. We don't even need hugs, although we still love them. We attended a satellite church meeting recently at our cell group location, which is at our friends' guest house in Worcester. We were loved and loved others in return. We knew we weren't alone, and even L-A's new colouring book was celebrated.
And you aren't alone either. Jesus is standing next to you. You aren't forgotten. Whether there is another person there with you, or whether you are on your own. You aren't alone. Don't be afraid. Lord Jesus, we thank you that you are with us, and we ask that you would touch the hearts of those reading this message right now. You are in control. Please keep a lid on this virus so it doesn't spread further. Please begin to dissipate the virus, and help those who can find a cure. We speak life to those who have the virus that they would survive. We speak peace to those who are living in fear. It's like the fear is worse than the virus. We choose life, Lord, we choose you. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Tony and Laurie-Ann Copple (usually Laurie-Ann)
L-A's devotional blog
TONY'S DEVOTIONAL BLOG
Tony's south african journal
TONY'S POST MISSION JOURNAL